• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

Hydroquinone Over The Counter

SoBright

Apr 17, 2016
Hi guys, so i've been using my compounded hydroquinone 8 mix and my caro white mix as well. I've gotten really light and i love my current skin tone. I decided to take a break from my mix because i thought i was using too many products on my skin and i decided to use simple and basic skin lightening products and i also tried to skin build as much as i can to prevent skin redness and skin thinning. I used all this products on my face and not on my body because i didn't think i would re darken much. I decided to try some hydroquinone over the counter products since i thought they would be the most effective in lightening my skin. So for the hydroquinone over the counter.... I had different choices of products to select from. Nadinola is the strongest hydroquinone cream over the counter.

Hydroquinone Over the counter Creams from Walmart, CVS and Walgreens
  • Nadinola Skin Discoloration Fade Cream Extra Strength Formula -3% hydroquinone
  • Black and white skin bleaching cream - 2% hydroquinone
  • Palmer's Skin Success Anti-Dark Spot Fade Cream -2% hydroquinone
  • Ambi Skincare Fade Cream- 2% hydroquinone
  • Clear Essence Platinum Line Skin Beautifying Milk - 2% hydroquinone
  • Note- Some products state 1.9% but i round it up to 2%

I decided to go with Nadinola and Clear essence fade milk. I picked nadinola because it had 3% hydroquinone in it and i picked clear essence because it had 2% and it also exfoliates the skin due to the AHA acids in it, so it was like a min peel. I used this products for exactly one weeks.

hydroquinone over the counter 2.gif
hydroquinone over the counter.jpg

Nadinola Ingredients - Hydroquinone (3%), Octisalate (3%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Mineral Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Decyl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleth-20, Laureth-23, Propylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Citric Acid, Sodium Metabisulfite, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

Clear Essence Ingredients - Hydroquinone 2%, Purified Water, Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Lauryl Sufate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glyceryl Stearate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Metabisulfite, Dimethicone, Octinoxate, Ascorbic Acid, BHA, Propyl Gallate, Trisodium

This was my regimen for the hydroquinone over the counter products.
Mornings - AM
  1. Leave kojic acid Kojie san soap on face for 5 mins
  2. Wash body with Kojic acid kojie san soap
  3. Apply Nadinola- i decided not to apply any moisturizer because nadinola is very moisturizing maybe even too much.
  4. I then apply my sunscreen.

Nights - PM
  1. Wash face with normal soap(I use normal soap because of the acids in Clear essence.)
  2. Apply Clear Essence
  3. Apply moisturizer.
After a week i believed i was still the same shade from my previous compounded hydroquinone mix, i might have gotten a little tan but i didn't think it was very noticeable.
This was my result at the end of the week.
hydroquinone over the counter.png

I don't think i really redarkened with my hydroquinone over the counter cream.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoBright

Apr 17, 2016
I'm currently on break from using any skin lightening products so i have redarkened some but not much!

Tia Smith

Jul 7, 2019
Hydroquinone cream works better by itself not with other skin cream. Apply it at night when you go to bed. Do not exfoliate and apply the cream into your face. Do not apply it and go out during the day. You can apply hydroquinone 10% and go out at night only. Cover you face when you go out in the winter even if you did not apply it. Cold irritates your skin and makes you darker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olivia wilson