• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

Skinlite Cream - Uses, Side Effects and Review

Lala18

Apr 17, 2016
Hi everyone, it so good to back on this forum i almost forgot about it dues to family, school and work. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Lala and both my parents are Indian but i grew up in the United State. I would like everyone to keep their negative criticism to themselves as my decisions are mine to make.

So i started my skin lightening regimen on November 2011, i was initially stuck on the product to use, i knew my skin was different from what most products were intended for. So i did a little research to ind out the cream the people were using back home in India and then i came across the SkinLite tube cream. The cream is produced by Liva Healthcare Ltd, a medical research company in india.I did a little spot treating on a small part of my cheek to see how my skin would react to the cream and it reacted well, i then proceeded to use the cream all over my face after a week of spot testing. This was the perfect cream as i only needed to lighten my face and it is also made in India which means it was made specifically for my skin type. My body wasn't really dark. So i didn't need to use any skin lightening or skin bleaching cream on it. I think living in the North East (New York) contributed to my body staying light as most of the time i'm indoor and i think my dark face is due to genetics and hormones.

For those of you who don't know what SkinLite cream is, it is basically a pharmaceutical cream that was intended to be used on scars. This is what the cream looks like
Skinlite cream.jpg

Ingredients: Hydroquinone 2%, Tretinoin 0.025%, Mometasone Furoate 0.1%.

Hydroquinone - For those of you who don't know what hydroquinone is, it is one of the most effective skin lightening agent, actually it is the most effective skin lightening agent and it is prescribed and approved by medical professionals and has been used for hundreds o years in treating acne, hyper-pigmentation,hypo-pigmentation,vitiligo,scarring,burns and all sorts of skin imperfection. Hydroquinone is mild when it comes to skin inflammation unless the skin is exposed to the sun, which in turn can cause a serious sun burn. So apply sunscreen folks, when you use hydroquinone. It can be gotten over the the counter in the highest percentage of 3 but skinlite contains 2 percent and it is still very effective. Some people use hydroquinone in the strength of 10 percent and this just shows you how strong and effective hydroquinone is.

Tretinoin - It popularly known as Retin A or retinoic acid. It is gotten from Vitamin A. It is a prescription drug but can be gotten online or at your local Pharmacy depending on the country you live in, you might not need a prescription to buy it. It is used to treat acne and hyper pigmentation similarly to hydroquinone. When hydroquinone is combined with Retin A, it can be very effective in treating darks scars. Tretinoin also serves as an exfoliant because it helps to get rid of dead skin cells and increases the rate at which new skin cells are produced. So it is not uncommon for one to notice peeling from the use. The skin can get sensitive from too much application of retin A and this would cause redness, thin skin and sensitivity. I learned this the hard way.

Mometasone Furoate(Topical Steroid) - It is under the drug class of corticosteroid or glucocorticoid and it is used to reduce inflammation on the skin. The amount of Mometasone Furoate in the cream is very low and therefore it is mild and one might need to buy additional Topical steroid. This can be gotten from Walmart, Walgreens or CVS. Additional caution should be taken with this because it has a lightening effect and can caused skin thinning or Steroid induced Rosacea and this can be counter productive.

The cream was really hard for me to find at my local BSS'S so i had to purchase it online from ADC and it usually takes sometime before i get it so i always make sure i order a new one before i run out. The cream contains Retin A and a mild form of topical steroid . The retin A works in increasing the skin cell turn over rate so it peels the skin occasionally and i've gotten redness from the use of the cream before when i started using but now i know the right quantity to apply. The topical steroid in the creams works to reduce the inflammation from the Retin A and also as a lightening effect on the skin. I would recommend one to get a good moisturizing cream and cortisone to use along with this cream because it is not moisturizing enough and the topical steroid in it is not strong enough to calm inflammation from the Retin A.

Journey in India

I traveled to India over the summer and during this time i was mostly outdoor doing different activities and this slowed my result down and i even got a little bit dark but somehow my body still remained light. Lucky me ? I guess.

Back From India
When i got back from India, i was determined to get my light skin back so i applied the SKINLITE cream religiously and apply sunscreen anytime i go out. Within two weeks my skin was really light again and i was maintaining it well by applying the cream 2-3 times a week. Everyone noticed my result, family, friends and co-workers were commenting on my skin, some positive and some negative remarks. Lightorexia is real because i didn't even notice the result until i compared the pictures i took when i was India to my current shade. Some of my friends were even asking me what i was using on my skin but i told them i was staying indoor a lot and drinking plenty of water Lol. I got a lot of hurtful comments and the one that stuck most with me was that "I was ashamed of myself". But i didn't let this bother me because i was getting the result i wanted and i know my reason for lightening my skin and it isn't anyone's business what i do to my skin.

Anyways this are my Skinlite result, i hope this would be like a review for those on the fence about using the cream. I'm getting good result and i think i will maintain it for as long as i can. I would post more pictures if you guys pm me for it. I would gladly help anyone out :)

MY SKINLITE CREAM RESULTS
Before and After.
skinlite cream before and after.png

skinlite cream result.png

Both of the pictures were taking indoor.

My regimen for fast result was to apply the cream on my skin every morning and night until i got the desired result. i stopped the application of the skinlite cream for some time when i notice that my skin is getting red and moisturize heavily. Gold bond is a very good moisturising lotion and can help with skin building. Skin building is very important when using Skinlite because your skin is peeling faster than it can repair it self. I made a lot effort into researching this product while using it and i gained a lot of knowledge on skin whitening in the process. I would advice anyone planning to use any cream to do a thorough research on it before using it. I also noticed that the cream got rid of my acne scars and made my overall complexion smooth and milky. When i get my desired result i applied it 2-3 times a week :). Please feel free to shoot me a pm for questions and answers and more pictures. This looks like a product promotion but i promise you guys that i wasn't paid to write this.

Last edited by a moderator:

alleycat

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 15, 2016
SA Forum
Nice result Lala and very lengthy note

Lala18

Apr 17, 2016
A little Update: I'm becoming more consistent with my skinlite regimen and i am getting paler due to the weather here in NY.

SoBright

Apr 17, 2016
I hear you! My skin has also gotten so dry due to weather and i am moisturizing my skin like crazy!!!

Lala18

Apr 17, 2016
I have paused using any exfoliating products because my skin is just flaking by itself and even moisturizer doesn't seem to work. :p

MoniqueP

Apr 17, 2016
Glad to known i'm not alone in this, this winter has been playing games with my skin too.

Lala18

Apr 17, 2016
The weather has warmed up nicely over here and i hope it stays like this for a long time lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olivia wilson