• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

Skincare

R Joshuva

Nov 26, 2021
I get asked this question all the time, and while it's a little tricky to give a one-size-fits-all answer, there are some things you can do. Here, I'll share what I talk about with my clients:

The first thing you should do is understand dark spots and what they mean. If you have any open wounds or cuts on your skin, don't cover them! They need to breathe. Covering these areas will only trap bacteria in your pores and lead to more breakouts.

If you see dark spots on your skin, don't stress! Black heads, white heads, and pimples (pustules) are not the same as dark spots. So if you see a bump on your skin or have a pimple that isn't going away, rest assured it is not a dark spot.

You can deep cleanse every day to keep pores from clogging up again. Be sure to use a gentle cleanser to avoid over-drying your skin. The best thing you can do for your skin is exfoliate every day. Use a product that has tiny crystals rather than chunks of anything) and make sure it's something that won't irritate or dry out your skin.

The most common dark spots you see on the face are actually called hyperpigmentation. They are dark because of the pigment you put into your skin (called melanin). What you want to do with these hyperpigmented spots is take a chance and try this at home:

Over-the-counter Vitamin C in a gentle cleanser. It'll work to reduce redness and almost magically fade some of the hyperpigmentation on your face. I tend to use NIA24 Elixir , but you can use any gentle moisturizer that works well on your skin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyLappy