• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

Effect Of Sugar on the Skin

Jennifer23

Apr 17, 2016
Sugar ! The Skin's Biggest Enemy ?
[attachment=81]

We are all aware of that sugar features a negative influence on our waistline and teeth but what most people
don't realize is the fact that sugar also offers an impact on our skin- and it's really not so sweet. It's called
Gycation.

What is "Glycation"? A natural process where an overabundance of sugar molecules within the blood (due
to excess sugar inside diet) literally sticks to collagen and elastin fibers, causing inflammation plus a
stiffening from the fibers. The collagen and elastin network becomes brittle and at last the fibers begin
to snap, producing a loss of elasticity and firmness within the skin.

There are 2 varieties of Glycation:

Endogenous glycation - from the body

A diet rich in sugary junk foods leads to an overabundance of sugar from the blood, creating

(harmful AGE molecules which trigger inflammation and damage. AGE is a bit more than just several,
it is short for ADVANCED GLYCATION END -PRODUCTS (exactly what a coincidence which it spells itself out as
the word "AGE").

Exogenous glycation-outside your body

Any food with sugar put together with fats and protein and cooked over high heat will
form AGEs which can be absorbed during digestion. Examples; fried potatoes, barbecued foods
seared meats etc.

Besides damaging collagen, a superior sugar diet also affects the type of collagen you might have

- another aspect in how resistant skin is always to wrinkling

Let me explain further; you will find 3 kinds of collagen I, II and III

Type III is considered the most stable and longest lasting. Glycation reduces type III collagen into type I
collagen which is a lot more fragile and much less stable; because of this, skin is a bit more prone to wrinkling.
The final blow: AGE's deactivate your natural anti-oxidant enzymes , allowing you more
vulnerable to sun damage- still the main cause of aging of the skin.

The best part about it about sugar, damaged skin: It's never too far gone to turn back the time. To keep
collagen supple and stop AGE from forming, make a plan to eat right whilst your skin
looking youthful.

• Watch out for sugar hidden foods. Manufactures frequently hide sugar ingredients in prepared
food labels by employing different names. Words that result in "ose" like dextrose, maltose,
glucose and fructose, it is always sugar. By removing sugar you will notice both skin and health
improvement. Instead of rewarding yourself having a candy bar, imagine rewarding yourself with
new improved skin and also a longer, healthier life.

• Supplement your diet with a minimum of lmg of Vitamins Bl and B6 daily. These vitamins turned out to
be AGE inhibitors in several of studies says, Dr David J. Goldberg , MD a N.Y. based
dermatologist and clinical professor of Dermatology at Mount Sinai School of medicine. Wear
broad spectrum sunscreen daily, rain or shine.

The best advice for already damaged skin should be to start prevention now.
It's never to soon or too far gone to begin prevention.

Follow tips below:

Exfoliate regularly to provide radiance on the skin and get within the habit of applying sunscreen Vi hour prior to going your house or office.

Never go out without sunscreen. Wear broad spectrum sunscreen daily, at the very least a minimum of SPF 30, rain or shine. UVA comes through car windshield and office windows and penetrates through clouds.

Change all halogen light bulbs within the house and replace these with standard bulbs.

Wear a diverse brimmed cotton woven hat when encountered with sunlight (straw hats not suggested)

Eat low sugar diet. Add anti-oxidant foods for a diet. These toxin fighters help in keeping sugar from attaching to proteins , so replenishing their supply, both by consuming more anti- oxidant rich fruits for instance nuts and vegetables, cranberries, walnuts and red peppers is a real skin saver.

Use items which contain anti- inflammatory properties by using topical anti- oxidants like Vitamin "C" and "E" throughout the day and at night use peptides or possibly a retinol cream to raise collagen production which can be real skin savers.

Attachments

jamesthomas

Dec 24, 2021
When I was in high school, I claimed that I would never use academic writing services because it is cheating. However, I’ve changed my mind when I found myself in the shoes of an ordinary college student who needs high grades to stay on track. All means are suitable for achieving your goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olivia wilson