• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

How to bleach your skin

SoBright

Apr 17, 2016
How To Bleach Your Skin
Ok so i've become sort of a legend around here after showing my result from my compounded hydroquinone mix and i have recieved hundreds of pm, so instead of responding to them all, i will write a detailed post on how to bleach your skin.

Alright so first things first, this post is for people that are trying to achieve a lighter skin tone just so we are on the same page.
So i classify skin bleaching into two different categories.
  • Skin Brightening
  • Skin Lightening
Skin Brightening: This is the process in which one add glow to a dull skin. Skin brightening is less harsh on the skin and relatively takes a short time to achieve.

Skin Lightening: It involves going down one or more shades on the skin tone chart. It is more harsh on the skin and relatively takes a long time to achieve.

Now skin brightening and skin lightening can be broken further down into three subcategories.

• Natural
  • Semi-Natural
  • Unnatural
Natural: It involves the use of product that are solely plant based to bleach the skin. E.g kojic acid, bearberry extract, mulberry extract, Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Azelaic acid, Glutathione, Alpha hydroxy acids.

Semi-Natural: This are bleaching products that is gotten from plant based form of sythentic lightening ingredients. e.g Arbutin is gotten from plant based hydroquinone.

Unnatural: This are lightening products that are completely processed from chemicals and therefore are synthetic in nature. e.g hydroquinone, mercury, Topical Steroids.
Common misconceptions are that hydroquinone skin bleaching is not safe but that is not true, hydroquinone is actually one of the safest skin bleaching product.

Mercury Creams - I have used mercury creams in the past to bleach my skin and i would advise everyone to stay as far as possible from this . It can cause permanent stretch marks and wrinkles . Oh and it is also very toxic.

Topical Steroids - This is the get-light quick scheme in the skin bleaching world. There is no doubt that topical steroids are effective in skin bleaching and there is also no doubt that they can be disastrous.

How to bleach your skin
When people talk about skin bleaching, they usually mean going down in shades which is skin lighten. So i have formulated a simple regimen for skin bleaching using hydroquinone.

My result from my compounded hydroquinone mix.
how to bleach your skin.png

Mornings- AM
  1. Start off with a good exfoliating Soap. I recommend Kojie san(You can leave the soap on your body depending on how your skin can tolerate it)
  2. If you feel your skin is too thick, you can add an exfoliating lotion to you regimen. I recommend lactic acid lotion. Beware of over-exfoliating. Stop exfoliating at any sign of redness
  3. Apply your hydroquinone lotion. i recommend caro white or carolight, nadinola, l'abidjanaise or fair and white(hydroquinone version).
  4. For extra tough areas like knuckles, elbows and toes. You can get a more concentrated tube cream of hydroquinone and chemical peels(lactic acid or glycolic acid) once a week would also help.
  5. Apply your sunscreen.
Nights - PM
  1. Wash your body with ordinary soap
  2. Apply your exfoliating lotion.
  3. Apply your hydroquinone lotion
  4. Apply your chemical peel to tough area(once a week application)
Tips: If you plan on using natural products, just replace the hydroquinone lotion in the regimen with any natural lightening cream. I would recommend fair and white the kojic acid version

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetbabe19

Apr 16, 2016
Skin brightening and skin lightening can be confusing and skin bleaching sounds like a more aggresive way of skin lightening.

SoBright

Apr 17, 2016
Brighteners are supposed to be mild and a lot contains harsh products too

SoBright

Apr 17, 2016
Chemical peels lightens, bleach and brightens the skin so they have many uses :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonPoemn