• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

Getting rid of stretch marks after pregnancy?

YogiMommy

Apr 17, 2016
please don’t tell me that 'it is impossible to get rid of them' - 
ladies - pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease - anyone who can speak from experience and know what and how to get rid of stretch marks....
help!

Jennifer23

Apr 17, 2016
i Dear,

There are a few ways to do it, either you can use the DIY method or try those proven treatment creams out on the market.

Try to massage the area with the stretch marks about three or four times a day with moisturizers that contain cocoa butter or shea butter as a prime ingredient. This hydrates the skin, making it more pliant. Again, this is most effective only in the initial stage.

If your stretch marks are already pass the initial stage (when they are red, purple, pink, or brown, depending on the color of your skin) and become white or silver (usually with deep indentation), then it would be far more difficult to minimize them, but not entirely impossible to "remove" them. But before you begin searching for these treatments, try to read more information on these topical treatments first.

Many are advertised to "repair" stretch marks, but few have actually been proven to be effective. Here's some that are available on the market:

a) Wheat germ oil - may help improve stretch marks in their early phase.

b) Glycolic acid - increases collagen production; can be administered in higher doses by a dermatologist (usually costs a few hundred bucks and requires a few visits before you see results)

c) Vitamin C - certain formulations might increase collagen production, but they'll only help with early-stage stretch marks; for best results, combine with glycolic acid.

d) Relastin - the effectiveness of this product is unknown and unverified.

e) Peptide-containing products - these "repair" creams are ineffective; there's no evidence that they work.

f) Retinoids - they're fairly effective in increasing collagen and elastic production in the early stages, but they should be avoided if you're pregnant or nursing; they're more effective when used in combination with glycolic acid.

I would recommend treatments that are using "100% natural ingredients" such as aloe vera. Aloe vera has been shown in clinical studies to have a positive effect on wound healing and holds anti-inflammatory properties.

As stretch marks start out as microscopic tears in skin layers due to overstretching of the dermis, aloe vera helps heal these small wounds without causing scar tissue to form, effectively preventing the appearance of stretch marks. Aloe vera has been used for thousands of years by the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Arabs, Indians and Chinese to decrease the appearance of scars and to moisturize and heal skin. The extracts from the aloe leaf protects skin from environmental factors and promotes skin regeneration. My friend recommended me this and I have been using for a few weeks now, have shown some positive results but I am monitoring the progress, since the product have a reputable 90 days return policy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avtoservis_ubon