• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

Does exfoliating help reduce stretch marks ?

Sgtwife

Apr 17, 2016
if so, should I start now while I am still pregnant and getting stretch marks or should I wait until I am finished having the baby before I start exfoliating?

I am just afraid that exfoliation will irritate the skin further and make them worse.
I am currently almost 39 weeks pregnant and the stretch marks are getting WORSE by the DAY! Argh!
Thanks for the help!
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated too - I am already using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and Palmer's Oil daily, and I have Avon's "Anew" stretch mark smoother for after the baby's born.

PixelShine

Apr 17, 2016
No. exfoliation removes the dead skin cells on the surface so the healthy skin underneath can breathe. What you need to reduce or minimise stretch marks is a lotion which will aid the skins natural elasticity to strech.

Krystal25

Apr 17, 2016
No, exfoliation won't make any difference to them except making them sore and angry looking for a while. Bio-Oil is what I used on top of Palmers Cocoa Butter and, of course, time. The oils and moisturisers will help to soften the skin and give it more elasticity but it won't fade or clear up the stretch marks you already have. In around a year your stretch marks will fade to a dull pink colour and then get progressively lighter until they're a silvery white colour. They're still noticeable if you look for them or catch them in the right light but there's not as noticeable as the angry, red coloured stretch marks.
No, exfoliation won't make any difference to them except making them sore and angry looking for a while. Bio-Oil is what I used on top of Palmers Cocoa Butter and, of course, time. The oils and moisturisers will help to soften the skin and give it more elasticity but it won't fade or clear up the stretch marks you already have. In around a year your stretch marks will fade to a dull pink colour and then get progressively lighter until they're a silvery white colour. They're still noticeable if you look for them or catch them in the right light but there's not as noticeable as the angry, red coloured stretch marks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidHar