• Please use our posting format for posting Reviews .Thank You
  • Members are encouraged to start their own threads and share their thoughts

Acne Scarring

Kikisara

Apr 17, 2016
I have acne that I have been treating with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide for a long time. I  had a breakout on the side of my mouth that has left some flat and red-brownish scarring. I want to mederma but it might make things worse!?  I need help

FeelinLight

Apr 17, 2016
Kikisara said:
I have acne that I have been treating with salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide for a long time. I  had a breakout on the side of my mouth that has left some flat and red-brownish scarring. I want to mederma but it might make things worse!?  I need help
 a very concentrated vitamin E cream can give you result in 2 weeks It is perfectly fine to use,  Bio Oil is also good, it has calandula in it and other actives that help improve scars. You can check with your dermatologist if the benzoyl and salicylic acid are not working, and particularly because benzoyl is not good long term, because of its bleaching and drying effects.

SistersAct

Apr 17, 2016
acne was trouble for me too
First off, you need to make sure you're moisturizing your skin. Otherwise, your skin will be damaged.
salicylic acid/benzoyl peroxide didn't work too well for me. Alcohol is in most of the skin products and that is not good for your skin. Anyways, I tried prescription retin a it worked much better than salicylic and benzoyl peroxide did. I would not advise switching like i did because you skin might be sensitive too it.

TrendyLexi

Apr 17, 2016
I would recommend that you try Jojoba Oil as it is almost identical organically to sebum, which is the natural oil produced by your skin. You can also try jergens ultra healing moisturizer, Jojoba Oil penetrates into the skin without clogging pores and is suitable for all skin types it contains vitamin E and antioxidants which are great for fighting aging signs and moisturizing the skin.
it has been proven that jojoba oil prevents the skin from being too oily. it acts inplace of the natural oil our body produces making it to produce just the right amount of need oil. You should wipe your face of any dirt first and then rub the oil on your skin , it would penertrate deeper into the skin ths way. Jojoba oil is identical to our natural body oil

thshower

Aug 18, 2016
Acne is a common skin disease that can occur at any age. P. acne bacteria causes this condition. They inflame into the skin and that may result in acne outbreak. Using  salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide is a good option. If that has not helped in curing the acne, then you can resort to professional help. Treatments like blue light acne  therapy are effective in treating acnes. My best friend who lives in Port Coquitlam has undergone this treatment. It was very effective and she was totally happy with the results

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvinplawl